Author Topic: Training  (Read 75 times)

art456

• Forum User
    • View Profile
Training
« on: May 13, 2018, 03:10:36 AM »
Hello,

I am an architect/designer, I do a lot of artistic stuff and want to experiment with robotic fabrication. Before buying an actual robot, I would like to get some hands-on experience. I would need to learn from 0. Specifically, I would like to learn wood milling and 3d printing. What would be the best learning path? are there institutions that offer this kind of training? Thanks in advance!

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

• Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Forum User
    • View Profile
    • Robots in Architecture
Re: Training
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 07:35:20 AM »
Hello,

My suggestion would to to look for workshops, e.g. there will be three days of workshops for the upcoming Rob|Arch conference (www.robarch2018.org) in Zurich, covering these topics and more.
Also there are often summerschools and similar programs, like the AA Visiting Schools, that involve robots. These events are frequently posted on e.g. the Rhino blog.
Personally, I do brief introductions for companies at my lab from time to time, but for most universities you would need to be at least enrolled as a guest listener.

Best,
Johannes

singline

• Robots in Architecture Members
  • Forum User
    • View Profile
Re: Training
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 03:47:29 PM »
Hi Art,

I do a series of video tutorials that introduce architects to the basics of using robotics in architectural design:
you can check it out here: http://bit.ly/KUKA_Tutorials