Log group ARHHHH !

Started by Xylotica, December 12, 2015, 07:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xylotica

What is the trick to prevent the log from switching to "Operator" ?
It sucks so much to monkey around with the buttons and enter the silly password all the time to be able to work with my robot...

Cheers,

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

I remember that somebody mentioned it being possible to override with KRC2, but not KRC4 - never tried it as it makes sense to use the user groups, at least in our context.
However if you just want to access the other drives, or the USB stick, there is an easier way around that: Switch to the Windows side (user group expert, Minimize HMI) and go to C:\KRC\UTIL\KRCCONFIGURATOR. There's the KrcConfigurator.exe which you can use to make e.g. the USB drive accessible and writable to the regular user group.

Best,
Johannes

Xylotica

The thing is that, after some time without any key pressed, the KCP reverts back to "Operator" automaticaly.
I have the impression that I spend half my time setting it back to "Administrator".
Having spent all my savings on the darn thing, I feel like I should have full control, all the time.

Where are the security settings hidden ?
I've been looking all around to no avail.

Cheers,

Hello,

Is there any particular thing you need administrator access for? With the additional drives being accessible I personally only use elevated user groups when I have to change system settings, or - more often - when I want to edit a KRL file directly.
I'm sure that there is some hack to get around that, but to be honest I haven't ever been bothered enough by the user groups to look into that.
Sorry that I wasn't able to help you with that. You can try to get in touch with KUKA regarding your issues, but I don't think that they could provide you with an official solution either.

Best,
Johannes

Xylotica

Well, I don't see my USB port if in "Operator" group, and that's pretty annoying since I spend lots of time testing files, correcting files, loading new files...
Also,I noticed that switching to "Automatic" mode automatically downgrades your log to "Operator".
:(
Too much safety kills the fun...

Hello,

Please re-read my first post - you can use the KRC Configurator to make the USB drive show up in the regular user mode as well!

Best,
Johannes

Xylotica

Hi Johannes,

I can't find how to "minimize HMI".
Do you still remember how you did that in the old days with KRC2 ?

It would be a treat because then I could also set the keyboard to AZERTY since I plugged a mouse an keyboard now.

By the way, I find the screen on the KCP very dim, although I put it to max brightness.
Could there be a setting in Windows to boost luminosity of the display, or is it just that the screen is really bad on those old KRC2 consoles ?

Cheers,

Hello,

It seems you didn't get the manuals along with the robot :)
The screenshot from the manual is attached!

Regarding the brightness the KRC2-KCP is just quite dim - however I've seen some KCPs that were brighter than others, so maybe they use different screens sometimes. I doubt that you could do anything from the Windows side in that regard, though.

Best,
Johannes

Xylotica

Boy, your manual seems way better than mine.

I made a text search through all the KRC2 manuals that I have, and this is no where to be found.

I would be grateful if you could send me your version ; I promise that I will read it thoroughly before I come bothering you again :)

PS : I managed to add the access to all the drives to all users ; thanks for the tip.

Cheers,

Hello,

Glad to hear that! It may be a good idea to get in touch with the KUKA hotline and ask them to send you all the relevant PDF-manuals for your robot (i.e. at least the manual for robot, controller and software). They may ask you for the robot and controller serial number, so look that up beforehand.
Newer KUKA robots come with a "Parts & Docs" DVD that contains the manuals for all the robots, software and controllers (but only relating to KRC4 and newer, so not that helpful for you).

Best,
Johannes

Xylotica

On the "Operator" log, I can now see the USB port : Yay ! ..... except I am not allowed to copy/paste .... duh.

The reseller for my robot told me that the log shouldn't revert automatically to "Operator" and there could be a problem with the install of the KRC2 software.
He is offering me to send me a new hard drive with a fresh install so that I can swap it with mine.
Is that looking for more trouble, or can it be done without any consequence like loosing the robot's calibration or worse ?

Cheers,

Hello,

The KRCConfigurator allows you to assign rights in a very fine-grained way, i.e. you also have to explicitly allow copy, paste, etc. operations, it's not enough just to see the drive. So to enable that take another look at the program!

Regarding changing the harddrive - if I remember correctly if you switch HDDs you will be asked if the RDW or the hard drive copy of it is correct (or something like that, it's been a while). If you choose the wrong one, your calibration will definitely be gone. Maybe your seller can also lend you a KUKA EMT for calibration to be on the safe side? The calibration process is really easy and quite self-explanatory.

Best,
Johannes

Xylotica

Hi Johannes,

Problem solved : I was indeed able to authorize Copy and Paste even for the lowest log level.
One must admit that this "Konfigurator" isn't very self-explanatory, and the help file has no search feature.

Anyways, thanks !
No more re-logging every  minutes !

Cheers,

André Coelho

Johannes,

I would like to thank you because your answers in this topic helped me a lot to solve some problems with my robot here in São Paulo/ Brasil.

Cheers!!!