WISH : Tool axis offset / 2 different speed settings

Started by Xylotica, January 13, 2016, 10:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xylotica

I wish that there were two speed settings for the "Tool axis offset" component.
In fact, with some applications like milling, you might need to set the offset movement to a slow speed because you are going to "dig" into the material, but between an offset "end" and the "start" of a new one, you would like the "flight" speed to be higher because that's when you are out of the material.

With my 2D cutting definition, if I set a high speed for this component, I hear a popping noise each time the mill bit hits the panel and drills into it ; I don't like that...
If I set the speed low, the "fligh-over" takes ages...

Cheers,

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

The issue for me is always to find a way to implement as many easy solutions as possible, without making it difficult again for other users. I've actually had the "two-speed" discussions quite often with a colleague of mine and still haven't found an easy solution to integrate it.

In the meantime, here is a cluster that should do what you want it to do!
Best,
Johannes

Xylotica

Mmmm ! Looks yummy !
I'll try that on Fryday, my "robot day".

Thanks !

Xylotica

Hi Johannes,

This does exactly what I need, and I feel that it would be a great upgrade for the original component.
It just needs a bit of documentation, or at least an up-to-date example file.

Cheers,

Hello,

That's great to hear!
By the way, users of the new KUKA|prc release can download a series of new examples from here: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=CCAAAC61F8C818D8!303038&authkey=!ACk5vlUWLjqGXlw&ithint=folder%2c
I'll look into integrating into KUKA|prc, or possibly make an extra section for milling components...

Best,
Johannes

Xylotica

Hi Johannes,

The only thing which is a bit questionnable with this solution is that there are two inputs for process speed : the one called "Process" and the "Speed" value from the LIN component upstream.

I suppose that the "Process" value overrides the "Speed" value, but it is not obvious.

Cheers,

Hello,

I wanted to emphasize the different movement speeds of process speed, rapid speed, and "down" speed. But it's just a cluster, so you can edit and change it in any way, I didn't put a password protection on it!

Best,
Johannes

Xylotica

Hi Johannes,

I was just thinking that if you made an "official" component,out of this, you might want to take out the "Process" entry, assuming that this value will be defined upstream in a "LIN", or "PTP" or (others) component.

Cheers,

Xylotica

Hi Johannes,

Isn't it time to officially upgrade the "Offset Tool Axis" component ?
Just adding the "Rapid" option would do it for me : this would allow rapid transit between the "End" offset and the next position.

Cheers,

Hello,

That has been on the list for a while, however there have always been things with a higher priority. But I'll definitely keep it in mind! Note that I'm currently on holiday, so there probably won't be any new releases until October.

Best,
Johannes