PIN TEST. How to move a pin attached robot and pin on a turntable together?

Started by monish, January 28, 2016, 06:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monish

Hi,

Im trying to test the level of the turntable with this test. We mounted a nail on the flange of the robot as its tool and another nail in one corner of the turntable. I'm trying to turn the table and the robot together with nails touching each other to see if there is an error in the table.

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello Monish,

You are thinking a bit too complicated - to do that, simply calibrate an offset coordinate system based on the turntable, activate it, then go into a Cartesian movement mode, switch to the external axis and move it with the +/- buttons, If it's properly calibrated, it will stay in place, with the robot moving along with the turntable.
I took a look at your example and I'm getting strange framerate drops when a geometry is attached to the turntable. Interestingly, the computation time of the component doesn't change.
Is there a performance difference happening if a (low-res) mesh is attached to the turntable?

Best,
Johannes

monish

Hi Johannes,

Thank you very much for the reply. we tried turning the turn table and robot in sync like you suggested. Its works only on base 17! Not on the other base that we are using.

The performance seems to be ok with the mesh I'm using. It will be great you can tell me how to check the performance difference by changing mesh resolution. how to check frame rate drops? I havent done this before.

Thanks and regards,
monish

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello Monish,

Base 17 is then probably the offset base - but good to see that it's working. Beyond the Profiler widget in Grasshopper (which shows the computation time of a component) there is - as far as I know - no way to judge Rhino performance in realtime (beyond external profiling tools). But if it doesn't feel slow for you, even better :)
Maybe some tools like FRAPS could display the Rhino FPS, but I've never tried it out.
I'll look into it again tomorrow on my laptop and see if it changes anything.

Best,
Johannes