Need Kukaprc libraries

Started by Melis, May 03, 2016, 09:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melis

Hey guys... first thing to say my english skills might not be awesome :/

I need to work with rhinoceros/grasshopper and kukaprc because of a project. I am currently a mechanical engineering student in Germany. The topic of my project is task sequecing (tsp) which a robot has to realize. At university I actually have the chance to work with rhino/grasshopper and kukaprc but on weekends and in the evening at home there is no possibility. I downloaded the trial version of rhino and plugged in grasshopper but it does not contain kukaprc. So I did some research and found out that one needs a membership for kukaprc. Is there any possibility for me as a student to get the libraries of kukaprc without having to pay for a membership?

Thanks a lot for any feedback
Tülin

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello Tülin,

You can download the current trial version from there: http://www.robotsinarchitecture.org/kukaprc
If you need advanced functions such as external axes (for details see also the link above) you would need to become a member (at a reduced 75EUR/year for students) - I can also issue you a time-limited license for a month or two just to try it out.

However - if your school is already a member of the Association, this membership extends to all staff and students, so you wouldn't have to get a separate membership anyway.
If that's the case, please get in touch via johannes@robotsinarchitecture.org - feel free to write in German!

Best,
Johannes

Melis

Hallo Johannes,

die kostenlose Version habe ich jetzt installiert und es hat geklappt. Vielen Dank! War ein wenig verwirrt, weil die Installation mit Windows Vista nicht geklappt hatte. Aus diesem Grund habe ich hier nach Hilfe gesucht, aber dann habe ich es einfach mit einem anderen Rechner versucht und es klappt alles. Würde eigentlich gerne Kukaprc erwerben, aber da ich vom Rhino auch nur die Testversion habe, lohnt sich das leider erst einmal nicht.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Tülin