How to reverse the path direction

Started by fengzhestanely, April 15, 2017, 12:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fengzhestanely

Hello:
I am trying to design a path generation program for WAAM. The program I designed can only create each layer in the forward direction. But I also want to make it possible to create layers in forward and reverse direction. I attached my file.

Please have a look and advise.

Best wishes!

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

Your Grasshopper file seems to reference external geometry and makes some strange issues with the clusters as well. Please either internalise the geometry or include the 3DM file(s)!
And when you mention WAAM, are you referring to that process? http://waammat.com/
What exactly do you mean by forward and reverse direction - would forward be like a spiral, and you would like to have every second layer go into another direction?
If so, I would use Dispatch with the default settings to divide a list into two lists, then flip the direction of one output, and finally use the Weave component to put the list back together in the right order.

Best,
Johannes

fengzhestanely

Thank you for your replying Johannes.

This is my dissertation project.

What I meant is that in the picture you can see for each layer the toolpath is from left to right. I would like to change toolpath to a right-to-left direction for the layer following the left to right one.

I also attach my cluster file in case it cannot be opened.

fengzhestanely

Sorry, I attached a wrong cluster, you should download this one.

Hello,

Here's the file back. Some remarks:
The most important thing was to flatten the input data before using dispatch (marked in red in the cluster).
Also, I do not recommend using spline movements, rather go for LIN movements and set the C_DIS values as per the requirements of your job. The spline definition of KUKA robots is not the same as the one that is used in Rhino, apparently it is depending on the machine data and therefore not even identical between robot types.
Finally, consider reducing the complexity of your tool mesh - it's quite large at the moment!

Best,
Johannes

fengzhestanely

Thank you so much for your suggestion. It helps a lot.

fengzhestanely

Hi Johannes:

I'd like to ask is it possible to set different speed for the creation of one spline? For example, in the attached picture, can I slow down the robot when it is welding the curved part(the middle part of the spline) and speed up for the line (the first and last part) of the spline?
I hope to do this modification to the previous program we have discussed about.
Could you please advise?

Best Regards
Stanely

Hello Stanley,

As I've explained I do not recommend using splines for any accurate work.
That being said, you could parametrically set the speed of each movement according to the curvature (the radius of the curvature circle) of the curve at that point.
I've adapted the definition accordingly.

Best,
Johannes