Bug in Kuka KR15 Model

Started by mernestus, October 14, 2016, 12:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mernestus

Hello,

I spent this week playing with a Kuka KR15 and this awesome Grasshopper Plugin. I noticed though, that in the 3D model of the KR15 there seems to be a slight bug in axis 6: when I rotate it (e.g. just using a simple axis move command) the rotation of the mounting plate is off-center. When I use my custom tool head that one is rotating correctly. So I guess it is more of a cosmetic thing but it confused me at first. The generation of the commands etc. seems to work fine and the real robot behaves correctly (at least I attribute all the destroyed equipment to operator error on my side  :) ).

Best,

M

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Thanks a lot for letting me know, I will take a look at it! Currently it's very, very busy here, but I may be able to output a new version over the weekend. If not, hopefully by the end of next week.

Best,
Johannes

mernestus

Wow that was a fast reply! A fix would be awesome! In the end it is just a cosmetic thing, so no need to hurry if you are very busy right now. My nice week of robot-holidays is over now anyways and I need to go back to university  :-\

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,
It took slightly longer for me to push out a new release, but it is now available with the fixed KR15 model in the member section.
The kinematic model itself was correct, somehow the meshes were just 10mm too far below.
Best,
Johannes