Drawing Robot End effector plane detection

Started by Knight, February 11, 2017, 02:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Knight

Hello Alles Gute,

I have made robot sketching definition .Can you tell me the error at Circle marked at A,B,C and D in the sketch attached below.Please do help me and let me know the error

Regards-
Knight

Knight

This is the sketch

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

From a screenshot it is hard to do troubleshooting - so if my post doesn't help, then please send the GH file to me via eMail!
In any case, there seem to be two separate issues:
- The tool geometry should be placed as if the Rhino coordinate system where the tool coordinate system, with Z+ being the normal of the flange, and X+ facing "downwards" when the robot is in its default home position.
- If you define the tool frame with a plane, then the origin should be at the tip of your tool geometry (i.e. somewhere close to the Rhino origin), with the plane oriented the same way you would like it to be positioned - in your case probably Z+ of the plane facing global Z-.

Personally, I would recommend measuring the tool at the robot, then entering the actual XYZABC values in the Custom Tool component and if necessary transforming your tool geometry so that it fits together. Otherwise take care to enter the generated XYZABC values (you can get them e.g. by clicking the grey message balloon on the component) at the robot, so that the simulation is correct.

Best,
Johannes

Knight

Hello Johannes,

Please find below attached files.Please check the file ,if anything needs to be done .I would be highly obliged if you send me the definition corrected one.

Regards
Knight

Knight

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

Here's the edited file back.
In this particular case, to have the simulation match the movement of the actual robot, you would now need to go to Startup/Calibrate/Tool/Numeric Input and set the tool number to 8, X and Y to 0, Z to 44, A to 0 and B and C to -90, as per the message balloon of the component.
Also note that you would usually use a base system, rather than moving elements around in the robot's global workspace. That makes e.g. drawing on a surface that is slightly tilted (as most tables are, if you are looking closely) much easier.

Best,
Johannes

Knight

Hallo Johannes,
     Thanks a lot for your valuable help ! Danke schon .

Regards,
Knight