Reset Axis with TURN Input

Started by ArtisEngineering, February 22, 2017, 12:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArtisEngineering

In order to reset axis values during circular or semi-circular movements, I tried to wrap my head around TURN input in PTP commands as discussed here:
http://forum.robotsinarchitecture.org/index.php/topic,319.msg892.html#msg892
http://forum.robotsinarchitecture.org/index.php/topic,337.msg947.html#msg947

However, as soon as A6 seems to be working, another one starts shouting.
Do I need to provide TURN information for every step and only switch at critical positions?

Thanks in advance,
Patrick

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello Patrick,

Basically with the TURN value you define if an axis value is >= 0 or not. In your example, the issue is that the workpiece is quite in front of your robot and you are assigning the same TURN to all positions. So you define with the TURN value, that A1 is >=0. So now if the robot would move to -5, with a defined TURN value it would move to 355 instead.
So you either need to provide different turn values, or you just move your workpiece, so that all positions are on one "side" of the robot, thus circumventing the problem.
Also, I would strongly recommend to enable the smooth robot simulation as well as movement interpolation, as it makes spotting problems much easier!

Best,
Johannes

ArtisEngineering

Thanks Johannes, its quite clear now.
Risking that any robotics engineer explodes now, but this sounds like a trivial problem to me which could be solved by some simple control routine.
I'm sure there are plenty of papers on the topic, maybe you got some at hand as reference?

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello Patrick,

Theoretically it's not difficult at all, the problem is just defining a "universal" solution. The "hacky" solution would be to take the calculated axis values from the Analysis component, set the TURN values accordingly and output the final code through another core component.
Of course that doubles the calculation time, but depending on the complexity of your toolpath that may not be an actual problem.

Best,
Johannes