Questions about KR2210 robotic arm

Started by melangolo, July 24, 2017, 04:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melangolo

Hi everyone,

We have bought a second-hand robotic arm in model KUKA KR 2210 SC2 FLR ZH210 with KRC2 controller. I tried to use the model component KR 150-240-2 L130/210 in the newest prc program to generate .src files, but none of them worked. We can copy the files in C:/ disk in the robot but cannot copy them into KRC:/ where the program should be processed. Also, I tried to write a simple PTP command in the controller and found out the file is quite different from the one I generated from the prc.

Have anyone used a similar machine or knew what is possibly wrong? Am I using the right robot definition in the prc?

Thank you very much!!

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

You don't need to worry about the robot model, it (usually, some exceptions apply, but not in the non-member version) does not affect the code generation.
Can you attach one of the *.src files that you tried to copy? With that information, the problem should be quick to solve - there is no reason why your particular robot should cause issues in that regard!

Best,
Johannes

melangolo

Hi Johannes,

Thank you very much!! Now the only way we can make the robotic arm move is to write a PTP movement on the KRC2's pad and then replace all the points...
Here are some files we generated:
The uii.src and uii.dat files are the one we write on the machine, one of them is the movement and one of them is the list of points' coordinates;
The kukaprc_project.src is the one we write using KUKA prc in grasshopper, however, the robotic arm can not run this correctly.

Can you please tell me a way to solve this problem? Thank you very much.

Yuan

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello Yuan,

If the robot is doing something different than it is supposed to do (from the simulation) or if it is only showing an axis limit when you start the file, then most likely you are not using the same tools and bases in reality & simulation. See the sticky post: http://forum.robotsinarchitecture.org/index.php/topic,115.0.html
If the robot has got a problem with the file, then you will get an error message, telling you which line is causing issues. This would be very helpful!
In any case, you do not need a *.dat file for KUKA|prc, it's all inside the *.src file.

If you can provide some more information on the error message / problematic lines of code, I'm confident that we can get it to work!
Best,
Johannes