How to run an iiwa with prc?

Started by werk5, September 27, 2017, 12:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

werk5

Hello,

I am  currently setting up an iiwa 7 with sunrise OS 1.11. Everything is looking good so far, jogging works fine and the test programs run in T1. Network connection is set up via X66. I also installed Sunrise Workbench and made sense of AMF PSM and PSM and how to synchronize the Project.

Now I am asking myself how to make a Robot Application out of the *.xml file that kuka|prc generates (for a 6-Axis kuka, it would be a *.src). Can someone post a general workflow how to proceed with the data? Do I need to parse the *.xml in the java code? Or do I just send the *.xml via network and how?

Help is very much appreciated,
Rafael

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello Rafael,

I'm sorry for the late reply, I just came back from my holiday!
To read the XML files you need a custom Java library that we provide to members.
I'll send it to you once I'm back in the office.

Best,
Johannes

werk5

Hello Johannes,

I hope you had a fantastic holiday. And brilliant, thank you very much! That was one of my wild guesses, so I send you a request for the library via email some days ago.
Looking forward to hear from you!

Best,
Rafael

Hello Rafael,

I should have worked through my eMails in the other direction ;)

Best,
Johannes

benkleiman

Hello,

I am having the same difficulty. How do I transfer the .src to the iiwa?

Thank you!
Ben

Hello,

*.src files are KRL, which is not compatible with KUKA|prc. KUKA|prc generates XML files, for which we then provide a custom library to read them at the robot.
This feature is only available in the member version, though!

Best,
Johannes