Sunrise enabling switch and MF touch media flange

Started by UofM FABLab, October 10, 2017, 07:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UofM FABLab

Hello all,

We are working towards a project that would integrate the Enabling Switch and the AppSwitch on our LBR iiwa's Pneumatic Touch Flange.
We are having a bit of an issue with understanding the syntax of calling up these switches in the Sunrise workbench.
In Work Visual, we can see the AppSwitch is mapped to the input signal NSRIOInputs.NSR APPSWITCH, with the name "User Button". Though we can't see how the enabling switch is mapped in the I/O.
If we call up the I/O groups in Sunrise via the import com.kuka.generated.ioAccess.MediaFlangeIOGroup;. Will this give us access to the enabling switch? If so what would its name be, considering we can't find its mapped name in Work Visual.

This problem may steam from our lack of understanding of the CIB_SR.1-.7,.JR,.NHS signal types.
We could not find documentation on the description of these signal types relative to their switches.

Directional help would be appreciated.
best,
Jason

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello Jason,

I don't have a Sunrise-capable WorkVisual installed on this PC so I cannot check it at the moment.
You mention that the AppSwitch is configured in WorkVisual, can you simply add it to one of your own IO groups?
The enabling switch is safety-relevant, so I'm not sure if it is even possible to use it outside of the safety configuration. You can go the other way round and use a device connected to the safe inputs instead of the enabling switch - but I guess that does not really help you.

I'll see if I can find out more tomorrow.
Best,
Johannes

UofM FABLab

Calling up the AppSwitch is possible, I just wasn't sure about the enabling switch.
If you don't think the enabling switch can be called because it is a safety-relevant switch, that kind of answers my question.
And in a way makes sense, as it would be restricted to monitor safety related events only.

best

werk5