KUKA|prc Frame output parameter to?

Started by bsuroboticslab, February 03, 2018, 05:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsuroboticslab

Hello,
Can you show a simple .gh example of how the KUKA|prc Frame component would be incorporated into a simple workflow (or point me to an existing tutorial that I may have missed). The basic question is: where does the output parameter get wired to? -Thank You.

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

The Frame component kind of "slipped" into the current version, but will be used more in the next major release.
At the moment it's just a way to set your tool's XYZABC values from code, in combination with the Custom Tool - GH component, which you can right-click to switch from Tool Number / Plane input to Frame.

Best,
Johannes

bsuroboticslab

Thank you for the response!
Is there any way to have multiple BASES defined in PRC?
I only see the option for setting one in the Core component.
Thank you for developing a great product.

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

At the moment you can read the bases from a $config.dat file (e.g. directly off the robot via Ethernet), so technically it would not be a problem to store XYZABC for every base number.
However I see a bit of a usability problem, because when you simply want to change your base number, the entered XYZABC values would change along. At least the way I work that would be annoying 70% of the time.
I'll think about it for a while - if anyone has got any suggestions they would be very welcome!

Best,
Johannes