DKP 400

Started by zhengminsun, January 31, 2024, 04:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zhengminsun

Hello.

I am a student currently just starting to learn how to design the path of a robotic arm using kuka prc. I already have a complete path programmed for the robotic arm, but I would like to add a DKP400 to work with the robotic arm.

My question is which step should I start with, I have also found a lot of information on the internet but none of it is explained very clearly and I would like to know the exact steps to achieve this.

Thank you!!!

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

Congratulations on your first steps with the robot! Regarding the DKP, in KUKA|prc it is implemented that it basically rotates your base (with an optional offset, if the center of the base is not in the center of the DKP).
So, you program your path normally and then add the rotation, usually to improve reachability. There is an automatic algorithm for it in KUKA|prc, but it is rather basic, so for more complex projects, you will probably define your own strategy to set the external axis value. You can show the inputs for external axes on any movement component by right-clicking it and selecting the relevant options - assuming you have got access to the member version through your university, as external axes are not supported in the free community version.

Best,
Johannes

zhengminsun

Hello

Thanks for your explications. Yes i have a full license for RHINO. If you have some tutorial videos I'd be happy to take them. Because I haven't found some very detailed tutorial videos for Grasshopper on the internet, especially for DKP.

Here is my mail : zhengminsun183@gmail.com

Hello,

You need a membership at the Association for Robots in Architecture (or a commercial license of KUKA|prc), having a license of Rhino is not enough. I am not aware of any specific DKP400 tutorial, so it would help to know what you would like to achieve.

Best,
Johannes

zhengminsun

Sorry i forgot to mention that i have also the license for KUKA PRC.

So just my question is how do I add DKP to an already programmed Grasshopper (robotic arm of KUKA)? Thanks !

Hello,

I would recommend that example to get started, and then you could expand it with the second degree of freedom of the DKP: https://forum.robotsinarchitecture.org/index.php/topic,822.0.html
If you provide me with proof of your member access (e.g. sending me an email from your university/company email address) I can unlock the member section for you.

Best,
Johannes