Bug in circular move (?)

Started by antl, July 11, 2018, 12:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antl

Hello Johannes,

I try to play with circular moves, but I see a strange behavior in the simulation.
I attached an example, where you an see that the A6 axis behaves strangely, and is not correlated to what is written in the "analysis" graph.
The analysis graph tells that the A6 axis should not change, but you can see in the simulation that it changes during the first half of the circular move.

I don't know if I miss something or if there is a bug, but I need your help :)

Best,
Antoine

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello Antoine,

The circular movements do not get interpolated in advance, so it will only show the first and the last movement in the graph.
Is that a feature you would need?

Best,
Johannes

antl

Hello,

If it is something in the graph I don't really need this feature.
If you look at my gh file, the thing I need is to have an interpolated orientation of the tool along the path.
It should be similar to setting $CIRC_TYPE = #PATH in a KRL file.

With your circ component, the interpolation exists but ends way before reaching the end point of the circular move.
Do you know how to achieve this? I haven't seen anything similar in your example files.

Best,
Antoine

Hello,

Sorry, the PATH interpolation is not supported at the moment. It shouldn't be that hard to implement as you basically re-orient the tool according to the tangent of the circle, but I cannot give you an ETA on that.

Best,
Johannes

antl

Hello,

Ok I see, I can find another way of achieving my purpose, so that's fine for me ;)

Best,
Antoine

...and I'll keep the feature on the radar, maybe I end up with a bit of extra time sometimes!

Best,
Johannes