Carthesian offset writes no values

Started by Xylotica, August 09, 2018, 05:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xylotica

Carthesian offset writes no values in this case ...

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

That is just the case in the text representation, the KRL file includes of course all the values.

Best,
Johannes

Xylotica

This is strange, because if I switch to "Start" instead of "End", I can see the values.
It is kind of inconsistent.

Yes, I just added the line that generates the text for the end movement, I must have overlooked it before.
But it's just a cosmetic change, all the data was of course there.

Best,
Johannes

Xylotica

Hmmm... I'm not so sure, because the offset didn't register in the simulation ; that's why I looked at the values in a panel.

Hello,

Here is an example how to use it. The Toolaxis Offset component is really one is use like every day, so if something is making issues, it must be a very exotic coincidence. As with all things involving computers, it's not impossible, so I'm not doubting you, I'm just saying that I haven't come across that problem before.

Please send me an example if you run into disappearing offsets!

Best,
Johannes

Xylotica

Hi Johannes,

I deleted the file, sorry.
I'll send one if it happens again.

A while ago, you made me a "Custom tool axis offset" where the various speeds could be input.
It is still not part of the standard KUKA|prc tab, and I regret it, because in some cases, it is important to set a fast value for the "flight" between to commands, like in the following job I did : https://youtu.be/IAsX0yd8oLI

Yet, in this version you can't choose whether you want the offset at the start or at the end, and there is a "Process" input which overrides speed values set up previously, and I don't like that so much.
I think it shoudl just be a version of the present "Tool axis offset", but in which you can set "Ascent speed", "Descent speed" , and "Fly-over" speed.

best,

Hello,

I see what you mean, maybe I can make it optional! Will look into it!

Best,
Johannes

P.S.: Relative axis values are already working, that was a great suggestion!

Xylotica

Hi Johannes,

The issue with the speeds for Carthesian offset is still not fixed.

Hello,

I sent you a message via the forum regarding that.

Best,
Johannes