Collision and Unreachable Position Detection

Started by GammaNYC, September 10, 2018, 09:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GammaNYC

Hello,

I am attempting to extract the collision/unreachability state of my simulation by looking at the analysis values under the "COLLISION" and "REACHABILITY" outputs, however, there seem to be moments where the path created is unreachable and those outputs still give me a value of 0 on all positions (when they are supposed to give me a value of 1 when a problem is detected).

The simulation still changes the axis to a red color during those moments, but the PRC engine stays gray (meaning everything is fine).

What am I missing?
Is there another output I can monitor to catch these exceptions?

Thanks

singline

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

My guess would be that the unreachable collision occurs in-between two movements. If you disabled it, make sure to enable the Interpolate Toolpath option in the Advanced Settings, and if it's on, try changing it to a lower value like 1mm.

Also, you get the collision value for each joint, so consider using Mass Addition to sum them up!

Hope that helps!
Best,
Johannes

GammaNYC

I have interpolation enabled at 1mm resolution (which slows GH wayyyy down), but even then I can't get it to output the correct numbers.
Here's a screenshot of the unreachable path. Even though the simulation shows that one of the axis is unable to reach (hence it turns red) the analysis output does not reflect it.

@singline: cant post the gh file because it uses a lot of custom coded component for which i cant provide the DLLs for.

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

Can you maybe internalize the plane input? That way it's static geometry and we don't need the custom DLLs.

Best,
Johannes