axis limits and galapogus

Started by petebooth, October 05, 2018, 05:51:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petebooth

Hi all,

Having a couple of issues with a setup that takes a bunch or random length boards, sorts them and then stacks them largest to smallest.

First is i'm having trouble limiting the A1 rotation to stop it going too far.  The KR120 is on a rail, but even when I have set up axis limits it still creates collision/reachability issues.

Second is how to setup galapogus to optimise tool paths. I have setup the mass addition on the analysis outputs and understand that I want to try an minimise this figure (analysis output is switched off in attached file for speed), but what are the actual things that galapogus needs to be able to vary. I think this should be the axis limits, but not sure how to set this up.

Files are attached, rhino 6 and latest kuka|prc members.

Help would be great.

Cheers
Pete

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello Pete,

Nice project!
What I did to make it work was the following: You work in the "back" of the robot, so there really isn't a way to avoid A1 problems. So what I did is set the posture of the robot to "101", which has the robot "flipping over".
However, then the height is more limited due to the limits of A2, so I had to lift up the position of the wooden elements.
Also, when flipped over the reach is less, so I had to adjust the maximum distance of the rail in the settings.

So now the main thing to optimize via Galapagos could be the position of the rods. If you cannot adjust their position "physically" as freely as I did in the digital simulation you could put in constraints, so that e.g. Galapagos moves it only within the range that is possible.
That being said, you're probably quicker doing that by hand.

Best,
Johannes