Feature Requests

Started by MkMrA2, July 25, 2019, 06:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MkMrA2

Hi,

I wanted to log two feature requests (or learn where I may have missed these features in the existing implementation!)

1) A simple checkbox in the UI to allow A6 to not generate an error if it spins beyond the limits. We do this a lot and it confuses students when the Core turns red but the code runs just fine.

2) The ability to read the transformations of each axis at each frame of the simulation. We hacked this using the mesh at each frame and computing the transformation between mesh vertices frame to frame. A more elegant solution would be welcome! I'm using this to allow Fologram to draw the robot simulation in augmented reality.

Hoping these can be considered!

Mark

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello Mark,

Thanks a lot for the suggestions!
You can actually right-click every robot component and set A6 to infinite - we often use it like that as well!
Regarding the frames: Internally we only calculate with the transformation from the initial, base posture of the robot (and its meshes) to the calculated position. So the frames are not necessarily "inside" the robot mesh. Would that work for Fologram?

Best,
Johannes

MkMrA2

Hi Johannes,

Thanks, I didn't know about the right-click on the robot ... now I do!

Yes, if the Analysis component could output those transforms relative to the initial base posture we could easily use that. This is what we hacked before:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwK1eHznBNS/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Thanks,
Mark

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

That's super nice, thanks for sharing!
I'll look into the the frame export. The problem is that Grasshopper doesn't like to display thousands of planes, so that will make everything quite a lot slower for large files...
I'll see if I can come up with a solution!

Best,
Johannes