Clockwise turntable with weird tool path preview

Started by yyh1002, September 16, 2019, 03:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yyh1002

Hi all,

I'm currently experimenting with turntable on PRC v3. I referred to Johannes' CustomTurntable script to setup everything for our configuration.
The simulation is all fine with a custom turntable with +Z{0,0,1} rotation axis. The oval tool path rotates together with the turntable while the robot is moving properly (the higher tool path in image).
However our actual turntable was setup as clockwise being positive. Therefore I change the rotation axis of custom turntable component to {0,0,-1} to make it spin the same way.
With the -Z rotation axis, the simulation is still showing the robot arm and turntable in correct positions, but the vector display of tool path preview is scaling/moving up and down between correct position and mirrored position to XY plane (the lower tool path in image).
The code were looking good so I ran the code on the robot. It was doing correct movements regardless of the weird tool path display.
My guess is that the -Z rotation axis wasn't incorporated properly with the tool path preview. Did I find the right place to change the setting? Is there something else to change to make clockwise positive?
The script and image with both turntable setups are attached. I hope they help me explain better.

Thanks,
Ryan

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello Ryan,

There is something strange going on in the visualization, thanks a lot for letting me know.
I'll look into it the next few days!

Best,
Johannes

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello Ryan,

Sorry, I fixed that before my holiday but forgot to upload a new release.
My apologies for the delay, a new version is now available in the member section!

Best,
Johannes

yyh1002

Quote from: Johannes @ Robots in Architecture on October 09, 2019, 05:43:34 PM
Hello Ryan,

Sorry, I fixed that before my holiday but forgot to upload a new release.
My apologies for the delay, a new version is now available in the member section!

Best,
Johannes
Hi Johannes,

No worries. Thanks for fixing it. It's now working for me.

Cheers,
Ryan