rotational_axis

Started by Moh.Yazdan, November 27, 2023, 02:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

Here is an example with a tool with multiple ends, but it could also use separate tools, of course.
KUKA|prc always uses the most recent tool, so after the tool change, the new tool will be used.

Best,
Johannes

Moh.Yazdan

Hello Johannes,

Thank you for the files. I have a question about robot movement on a curved surface. When I use the normal planes, the height of the end effector is different from when I use the tangent planes. Generally, for curved surfaces, should I use the Spline movement component or does that not matter?

Thanks,
Mohammad

Hello Mohammad,

Hmm... Not sure that I can follow. With normal planes, do you mean planes where the Z-axis is parallel to the normal vector of the surface at that point? What would you consider a tangent plane?

I would actually recommend against using splines because splines are not NURBS; they are geometry that is — to my knowledge — robot-specific. In other words, the robot creates an optimized curve based on the current machine state.
The spline preview in KUKA|prc is only a rough approximation.

Best,
Johannes

Moh.Yazdan

Hello Johannes,

Yes, exactly. When the Z-axis is parallel to the normal vector of the surface at that point, the end effector height doesn't change along the curvature. However, when I use the tangent plane, for example when I use the evaluate surface component on a curvature, the height of the end effector changes. It either increases above the surface or goes into the surface.
Sorry, i can not attach a bild.

Thank you,
Mohammad

Hello Mohammad,

If you cannot attach a file here, please send me a example file (very compact, ideally with annotations what to look for, no plugins except KUKA|prc, please!) via email!

Thanks,
Johannes