pick and place algorithm with grasshopper

Started by freesheida1984, April 02, 2024, 10:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freesheida1984

Hi everyone,

I'm seeking assistance with creating an algorithm in Grasshopper to generate a spiral form for printing via pick and place with a Kuka PRC robot. While I have a sample algorithm for a spiral form, I'm unsure how to adapt it for my specific needs. Could someone please provide guidance on this matter? I've attached the file for reference.

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

What are your "specific needs"?

I couldn't fully open your file as I was missing a few plugins, primarily the component for flipping the plane. But it seems like you were getting a different number of elements into the weave component. Consider duplicating the elements that are always identical so that you get the same number of commands for each step. There is also a separate Command Weaver in KUKA|prc, but it works similar to your approach.

If you can provide some more details on what you would like to change, I'm of course happy to help!

Best,
Johannes

freesheida1984

thanks for your reply, I doubt about choosing the starting point to pick the elements and also how can I change the algorithm based on the plate I defined for each cube, since I am so beginner in 3d printing.
the component for flipping the plane is "Tween through planes" from puffer fish plugin.
I want to set up this spiral stairs with kuka robot according to the sample code I included in my file but I have some problem to edit the code.

thanks

Hello,

Could you please reduce the file to the specific question? At the moment, there are some planes towards the positive X direction, and at the same time, there is the stack of rotated bricks at the origin, making it unclear what you actually want to achieve. There is also a range of components from the "Robot" plugin that I haven't installed. The "Flip Plane X" component also seems to originate from there and would have to be replaced.

In your last post, you mentioned the starting point from where you pick up elements. Assuming that you are working with bricks, the starting point could be a grid of planes, assuming you have the bricks laid out next to each other. Alternatively, it could always be the same point if you have an automatic feeder, where, e.g., the bricks slide down a small ramp, and you always pick the brick on the bottom.

I'm happy to help you with the programming, but I need to know what you want to achieve. Therefore, it's important that you reduce the file to the essentials and possibly add some comments in the GH file via the doodle function or the panel component.

Thanks,
Johannes

freesheida1984

I have placed these two files separately and attached them to my message. I hope this setup works better now. I have a collection of wooden cubes, and I want to assemble them into twisted boxes similar to the ones shown in the file. However, I don't know how to generate the code to pick and place the cubes correctly. I hope I have effectively conveyed my question and my desired outcome.

Hello,

Thanks, I have put together a quick example of how that could be achieved.
Note that there are always multiple ways to get somewhere, so this is only one quick version. Also, I wouldn't immediately deploy that program without double-checking. One thing I noticed is that everything looks super tiny. Did you consider that the robot always works in millimeters?

Best,
Johannes

freesheida1984

Excellent! Thank you for the feedback!
Best,
Johannes