Custom Variables

Started by oveliz_80, July 11, 2024, 05:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oveliz_80

Has anyone added custom variables on a .dat file? I have custom python scripts that would control speeds of printing, different motors and change the flowrate while printing, but seem to get on a roadblock when loading the src file.

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,
What exactly would you like to achieve? The main purpose of a DAT file is a nicer separation of logic and variables (in my opinion, at least), so you could declare those variables also in the SRC file if that is needed. However, if the scope of the DAT file is global, you could access those variables also from your SRC program.
I am not sure how the Python script fits in here, does it generate the parameters for your printing process and saves them to a DAT file?
Best,
Johannes

oveliz_80

Was able to figure it out. In short I am sending extra KRL lines per point in order to control different Stepper Motors. I added global variables in the controller so the language wouldnt become an issue. The extruder isn't connected to the robot, but there is constant communication between the controller and the extruder. There is still a bit of a delay, when printing but starting to understand what that delay is, and designing accordingly.

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Excellent, thanks for the update!

Best,
Johannes