Kuka Prc Analog Output For Cead Extruder

Started by GigPur, July 19, 2024, 02:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GigPur

Hi everyone,

I've been successfully using a CEAD extruder with an ABB robot for some time, where I control the extrusion speed via an analog output. Now, I'm transitioning to a KUKA KR60-HA robot and utilizing KUKA|prc for programming.

In ABB, setting the analog output to control the extruder speed was straightforward. However, I've encountered a challenge with KUKA|prc: the analog output seems to only accept values between -1 and 1. As I read in some threads it basically normalizes the values and changes the speed accordingly(İ might be wrong). But what does -1 do then? I am close to understanding the situation but need further explanation. I don't want to connect the extruder and try randomly. Since I am afraid It might damage the motor etc..

This is probably a simple issue, but it's been puzzling me for a while. Could anyone guide how to properly set the analog output in KUKA|prc to control the CEAD extrusion speed?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

As far as I remember - for some reason I don't often use analog outputs - you set the value in a normalized fashion as you observed and it scales it to the appropriate values by itself.
So with a 0-10V analog output 0 is 0V and 1 is 10V. I would definitely recommend to test it with a multimeter, though, just to be on the safe side.

Best,
Johannes