KUKA|prc 2 crash when opening KUKA|prc CORE settings

Started by Moult, October 01, 2015, 07:11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moult

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open Rhino.
2. Open Grasshopper.
3. Create a new KUKA|prc core module. (for KUKA|prc2)
4. Right click module -> Open KUKA|prc Settings

Behavior:

1. Rhino and Grasshopper crashes and quits.

Expected behavior:

1. No crash.

I suspect this is a local issue, as otherwise it's a pretty major bug. KUKA|prc version is KUKAprcNEWsetup_2015_09_27. License is for University of Sydney. How can I get a better error log to debug this issue? Alternatively, is there another way I can access those settings without going through the Grasshopper interface?

Thanks,

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

There are two (documented) reasons why this happens: Either some parts of the framework or some parts of KUKA|prc are missing.
In regards to the framework this happens most often with Windows XP users, as e.g. in Windows 8 everything necessary "should" be included. You can get the .NET Framework from Microsoft's download section: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653
The other occasion when I've observed that issue was when someone manually copied the KUKAprcCore.dll and KUKAprcNew.gha file, but forgot to include the OxyPlot files that are necessary to show the analysis graph.
Another thing to try out: We are signing our files to make sure that they are not blocked by Windows, but you can try to right-click each of the KUKA|prc related file in the components library (Grasshopper > File/Special Folders/Components Library) and see if it offers an option to "Unblock" the file.

If the error persists please send me some more details about your setup, i.e. operating system, version, Mac?, etc.
Please either reply here or send it via eMail to johannes@robotsinarchitecture.org

Sorry for the problems that you're having with KUKA|prc!

Best,
Johannes

Moult

Thanks Johannes. It was due to the .NET framework not being installed. For the record, I am on Windows 7.

Feel free to close the thread.

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Great! I'm glad that we got it to work!
Please let me know if you ever run into any other issues!

Best,
Johannes