A4 flip and other problems

Started by recife, January 29, 2016, 08:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

recife

Hi Johannes

I'm pretty new to kuka prc and robots (we have just bought an agilus KR 10 900), but I have read most of the posts of this forum, especially the topic about synchronization; so the tool and the base XYZABC values are correct (same in simulation and reality). But I get the same issue than other people do with the 4th axis; it is correct in the simulation but for some reason A4 flips in reality, so the robot reaches some soft limit along the path.
Even when I change the initial status to 010 in kuka prc (that flips 4th axis in the simulation and adds S 'B 010' in the first PTP movement), nothing happens in reality, A4 still flips... What I'm doing wrong ??

Other question : I have a problem with the spline component. I have tried your "spline_circle" example file (the spline part). The src program produced by kuka prc has a C-DIS in the first line of the spline points coordinates; the smartpad finds an error : "smoothing not allowed in spline". If I supress manually C_DIS the smartpad accepts the file and the program works.

Last question !! It is about the limitation of 6th axis ; by default the limitation are set from -350 to 350° on the smartpad ; in kuka prc they are set at +-360° ; can I change the values on the smartpad without any problem, assuming that on agilus there is no physical limit on A6 ?? (I guess this is more a question for kuka)
Thanks a lot for your clear advices !
I'm using public version of kuka prc – 06/03/2015

Best regards
Francis

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello Francis,

I can send you a temporary license of the member version, that should take care of your problems as we did many developments in that area. Just send me an eMail to johannes@robotsinarchitecture.org
To be honest I don't use spline movements that often as they are calculated in real-time with the model of the particular robot/motor combination, so there is no 100% confidence that it will be the same across different robots. Let me know if the problem with the splines happens also on the member version.

On the Agilus the A6 can be actually set to infinite rotation by going into the $machine.dat and setting the axis type to 5 (or something like that, the file is commented - use it at your own risk, though). Note that this is not possible with all axis, for example with the Agilus you would rip the internal wiring/pneumatic tubes that come out of A4 if you set A4 to infinite rotation. The new PRC also uses the correct axis limits and velocities.

Best,
Johannes

recife

Thanks a lot for this quick answer Johannes
I send you email for temporary licence
Francis