Collision checking

Started by Melis, May 20, 2016, 02:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melis

Hey guys,

I created a 3d body with rhino. Then set points on every surface of the volume body. The whole thing should look like a cube on a pedestal. I put on every point a plane and vertically above it another plane. Now the robot has to move first to the plane above and from there vertically to the plane below. The whole thing has to repeat for every point. Currently everything is working well.

However the particular problem is: Collision.
The robot moves through the cube, but the program does not recognise it. On settings 'CollisionCheck' is active. When the tool moves to the first plane (above) it indicates 'there is collision' but actually there is not because the tool just moved to the first plane and not yet to the volume body.

Does anybody has any idea how to solve this problem?

Best,
Melis

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

Basically collision checking works by checking for collisions between the tool and the collision geometry, as well as with other parts of the robot.
It only checks at the programmed positions and not in between - if you need collision checking in between you need to enable the movement interpolation.
I guess that your problems occurs because your simulation is between a position where there is a collision and one where it is not, i.e. the tool is outside the cube, but still displaying a collision.

Best,
Johannes