Where I can purchase a gripper for KUKA KR6?

Started by kyan2, August 02, 2016, 10:48:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyan2

I want to have a gripper in order to practice brick layering. But I have only bare robot arm.
I've looked many website and inquired some local companies but I couldn't locate where I can order.
Is anyone here have some idea where I can order one?
The one that I can practice with KUKA PRC sample files.
It does not have to be very perfect precise one as what I want is a brick layering.
Look forward to having kind advices!!!

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

We usually get our grippers from Schunk and also got one from Sommer - and there are plenty of other manufacturers out there as well. The most common grippers are either electronic or pneumatic. If you want to save costs and reduce complexity, I would recommend going for a pneumatic gripper, for which you will need pressured air - though the requirements are not very high, any small compressor should work.
You also need a valve to control the air, ideally get a valve that you can actuate with the 24V that you get from the KUKA's IO boards. If you're using an Agilus, it has got integrated valves on A4.
If you need just any gripper without any very specific requirements, I would recommend taking a look on eBay . you can often get grippers that would cost a couple hundred Euros for a tiny fraction of their price. With pneumatic grippers there isn't a huge risk regarding compatibility either, as you may only need an adapter for your tubing.
Note that there are no specific KUKA grippers, so you will need to 3D-print or mill an adapter plate to mount it on your robot.

Best,
Johannes