setup robot with turn table and linear rail

Started by oleg, April 24, 2023, 10:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oleg

Hello all.
Im new user kuka prc
I have problem to instal and positioning robot at grasshopper.
Robot build include linear rail and turntable, i can`t undarstand how to bind this external axises for correct generate code.

As i undarstand i need use to custom linear axisw and turntable
pleace help me for second question, How to generate and save code.
The tool I use i this extruder with custom geometry.
Maybe someone has a solution for this problem.

Best regards

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

You are well on-track with the setup, make sure to put the geometry always to the Zero-point of Rhino, and then set its current position according to the calibration data on the controller. For the turntable you can right-click the icon to set the root point position, the linear axis works with the robot-base input.

If you want to generate code, go into the settings and set a project name plus an output directory. Whenever your input data changes, the file is refreshed. If you want to control when new code is generated, you can right-click the Core component and choose "Expose Save and Name input", which creates two new inputs.

My strong recommendation would be to start with some "normal" toolpaths before moving on to an 8-axis setup.

Best,
Johannes

oleg

thank for your fast reply
I succeeded create simple traectory and code with your advice.
But in the future i have to create programs with turntable because robot arm don`t reach the entire field.
How i can controling and give higher priority for turntable?
Robot tries to reach the traectory without using turntable.
meybe answer for this question hidden on settings

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

In the advanced settings / external kinematics there is an automated solver, however it is a bit limited in the application. Take a look at the files attached for a custom strategy.
Regarding "higher priority" for the turntable - the problem with optimization is that it is very often specific to a setup or at least specific to an application. That makes it challenging to provide tools for that.

Best,
Johannes

oleg

thank you very much!
Your algorithm gave me more undarstanding.
I will practice and learn further

best regards