3D printing

Started by kaleon1, August 06, 2019, 06:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaleon1

Hello everyone
I am developing my thesis topic on a KUKA KR 16 robotic arm, and this topic consists of 3D printing and machining.
I am using the kuka|prc for 3d printing but to generate the file for the KCP, this file is very large, so I decided to create the file using CAMRob, as this program is already installed and output file has less weight.
This file. SRC runs on the robotic arm without any problem, but the speed is very slow and I already modified the parameters of the KUKA|prc CORE and the problem persists, the robotic arm stops at each point.
What should I do to make the kr16 move faster?
How do I prevent it from stopping at each point?

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

First it would be good to test the process with less dense points, so just make a curve with a few points in Grasshopper and see if you can achieve smooth motion. Test it both as a SRC and as a CAMRob file to check whether there are differences.
If they both work fine, then the point density of the 3D printing project is too high. Either reduce the toolpath in your 3D printing software or with the Reduce Toolpath component.
While CAMRob allows you to load large files, excessive point density will still cause the robot to slow down.

Best,
Johannes

kaleon1

hello
the problem still persists , I made a curve with few points (10) . With the SRC file the movement was fluid (excellent) it takes 5s, then I tried the CAMRob file when arriving at each point the robot stops, as a consequence the robot takes too long 1min.
Make a less dense 3D print file I also have problem:
I chose KUKA KRL as a language option, reduce the file size and split KRL File into 10000 lines each, were generated speed of 0 and negative, $VEL.CP=0 , $VEL.CP=-0.00001667 negative speed is a problem because it is found many times in the files, how can I correct this?

Thanks !!!

Kevin

Hello,

I just checked and the CAMRob options should be in R1\TP\CAMROB\CAMROB.DAT
You should be able to set it to C_DIS with your chosen approximation distance, e.g. 2mm.
DECL CR_APO_TYPE CR_eAPO=#CDIS
REAL CR_rAPO_CDIS=2
REAL CR_rAPO_CVEL=10

Do you have only LIN movements or many digital outputs etc. in between?

Best,
Johannes

kaleon1

hello
Thanks. I'll try that.
but for the moment I want to fix the negative speeds ($ VEL.CP = -0.00001667) in the .src file, how can I fix this?
attached file that was generated.

Hello,

Where is the logic in your SRC file coming from? If you programmed it yourself in Grasshopper then you would have to look there for the origin of the negative velocity.
If you imported it from an external software, I would need to get (at least a part of) the original file so that I can see what's going on!

Thanks,
Johannes

kaleon1

hello
the process is as follows; I generate a .gcode file with the Slic3r program, I load the path in "Import G-code", one with "KUKAprc Core" and I generate the .SRC file.
I was analyzing and the error occurs in this sequence sel .gcode file
G1 F1800
G1 X125.243 Y-20.639 E2.15217
and as a result it generates me
CP=0.03 // this is the speed F1800
LIN {E6POS: X 123, Y -21.036, Z 0.3, A 0, B 90, C -45.162, E1 2, E2 0, E3 0, E4 0} C_DIS // the last saved position
CP=-0.00001667 // lack of speed Fxxxx in the G1 command of the gcode
LIN {E6POS: X 125.243, Y -20.639, Z 0.3, A 0, B 90, C -45.162, E1 2.152, E2 0, E3 0, E4 0} C_DIS // the position of the gcode.

I completed some G1 lines of the Gcode the speed F1800 and these did generate movement in the robot.

this looks like an error, in the gcode you should only load once the speed G1 F1800 and the following G1 are going to have that speed

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

kaleon1

attached files.

Best,
Kevin