Started by happytriger2000, October 13, 2014, 06:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

happytriger2000

I have managed to calibrate my kr210 c2 + external rotary synchronous, :
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KfBwJqYAlJ4
Can I test a code from kuka prc?

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

Excellent, I've replied to your eMail. It's a very nice setup you have there, just be advised that at the moment, KUKA|prc only supports one external axis. We are working on a new version that is much faster, more accurate, and supports more external axes and expect an early member version to be published sometime in very late 2014, early 2015.

Best,

happytriger2000

I have generated a src code from PRC for 6 axis + external rotary axis synchronous, open attachment for SRC.
I run kevintest.src in KRC2, it stopped at line 5 in KCP (line 6 in orange edit):
PTP {E6POS: X -5.123, Y -115.230, Z 0.000, A 0.000, B 90.000, C -87.455, E1 -71.145, E2 0.0, E3 0.0, E4 0.0, E5 0.0, E6 0.0}

I think it stopped because E1 in my setup is Linear axis not rotary axis, my rotary is set at E2.

Hello,

That's most likely the problem. For the moment, the easiest way is probably just to do a search/replace on the KRL file.
E.g. search for "E1" and replace all with "E2", then search for "E2 0.0, E3 0.0" and replace with "E1 0.0, E3 0.0". I may be mistaken, but if I remember correctly the KUKA doesn't worry about the order of variables, i.e. if its XYZ or XZY.
On the long term, you can reconfigure the external axis from E1 to E2, or wait for a future KUKA|prc release for which we are planning to support more than one external axis.

Best,

happytriger2000

Ok, I replace E1 to E2 and vice c=versa. will run it now see if it works,....

happytriger2000

happytriger2000

In Kuka PRC settings--->Base settings---> Base Nr. 17, for base X, Y, Z, A,B,C = 0 is this correct?

One more thing, my KRC2 Robot is a KR210L150-2, the closest in PRC is the KR150-2 without extension.

That's actually good news as it means that the syntax is working. Now you have to troubleshoot to find the problem. What could be wrong...
...do you use the same tool/base number and XYZABC values on the robot and simulation?
...is the root point of the rotary axes set right? Right-click the component and set it like the calibrated turntable.
...through your editing you have set the linear axis E1 to 0.0, can the robot reach the rotary axis from there?

Then it should work. Please mind that I'll be out of the office the next days, so support may be slower!
Best,

happytriger2000

Ah..I realised I entered the wrong root point...it is now corrected.
this look more like it:

before the turn table was on the left side of the robot:

test run...

happytriger2000

mm...work envelop exceeded.
here is my current tool/base:

do you use the same tool/base number and XYZABC values on the robot and simulation?
Tool nr.=2 base =17.
About XYZABC do you refer to this:

how do I check the value of XYZABC in KRC2?

through your editing you have set the linear axis E1 to 0.0, can the robot reach the rotary axis from there?
It always has been E1=0, and the robot can reach the table without problem.

Hello,

You have to set the right base number and base XYZABC values in the KUKA|prc settings. As you are using a Custom Tool, go into the Custom Tool settings and set the right tool number and tool XYZABC values.
Finally, you can try to enable "Smooth Simulation" in the KUKA|prc Settings/Simulation Settings to see interpolated positions as well.
Now, if the simulation looks fine it *should* also work on the real robot. From your screenshot it seems that you've still got the default tool from the turntable example active.

Finally, what you can try to troubleshoot: Write down the XYZABC values of the first LIN position, activate the right tool and base, and then try to manually move the robot to that position. That should give you an idea what's wrong.

Best,

happytriger2000

Experiment continues...
Tool 8:

Root point :

In the email you mentioned moving the turn table away and I did that and run the code, execute 1st line of the code, I stopped the program before the arm run into the rail.

Note. I have changed the spindle to a simple flange with a rod sticking out the centre of the flange.