Free version is not available after installation

Started by apple_926, September 23, 2019, 05:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apple_926

I install the free COMMUNITY VERSION,After installation, I can only see such an interface, but you can't see the robot and tool library.
How can I use the free version for a while ,then to make a decision if I need the FULL VERSION.

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

Which version did you install, and where did you download it from?
Usually those problems arise when people don't use the installer, but just copy/paste files.
I would recommend to make sure no old files are installed. In Grasshopper go to File / Special Folder / Component Folder and delete all files and folders starting with either KUKA... or OxyPlot...
Then run the installer again.

Let me know if that helps!
Best,
Johannes

apple_926

I downloaded and installed the 19-year community version first, found the problem and then installed the 16-year version later. The reinstallation still didn't work, but I didn't have similar problems with the other two computers. I plan to reinstall rhino and then install Prc again. Do I need to install the 16-edition first and then the 19-edition update?

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

By 19-year and 16-year are you referring to 2019 and 2016?
I don't think a Rhino reinstall will make a big difference, have you followed the steps I outlined in my previous post?
If you are not using an updated Windows 10, your NET framework might also be outdated. The installer should notice that, though.

BEst,
Johannes