where can i learn mxautomation

Started by lim_zhang, November 29, 2019, 07:03:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lim_zhang

hello every one
i would like to use realtime control,and see mxautomation in kuka prc ,i guess it is for realtime control ,but I cannot find some tutorial on it.
can you give me some tutorial?
Thank you very much!

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

First you need to install mxA on the robot and test it with the small utility that KUKA ships along with it. Note that you need to be in EXT mode and may need to disable the firewall on your Windows PC. For the mxA installation, actually read the documentation on how to set it up in WorkVisual, don't just install it like other techpackages or it won't work.

In Grasshopper mxAutomation uses the usual KUKA|prc components, only some like e.g. Custom KRL don't work real-time and are ignored.
An important aspect is how to deal with changing data.
In the mxAutomation default mode, when the data changes, the robot restarts the toolpath. In adaptive mode, if it's the same number of positions (e.g. just shifted) it will take the equivalent position from the new toolpath.
In iterative mode it will finish a toolpath and if there is new data continue with that afterwards.
I've attached a simple example file.

Note that in EXT mode the speed is not limited, so be extra careful, set safety zones so that it cannot crash into the floor etc.

Finally, note that current KUKA|prc releases only support mxAutomation on KSS 8.5. If you're running 8.3, then for now please load a slightly earlier version (see release notes). We're looking into how to best embed both versions.

Best,
Johannes

lim_zhang

thank you for reply,Johannes.
there is 2 question:
1.in attachment,this is my tool bar,is it Ok for using mxautomation?
2.is kukaprc mxautomation is a replacement of softPLC?
thank you very much!

Hello,

Just open my file, and then press Ctrl and Alt and left-click on the mxAutomation component. Grasshopper will then show you where it is in the tab.
mxAutomation uses ProConOS in the background, I believe that's also the product used for the SoftPLC?
You would need to check with KUKA regarding that.

Best,
Johannes

lim_zhang

thankyou Johannes
have you used ethernetkrl for communication?
i know the rsi has problem in realtime cycle,so can i use ethernetkrl replace rsi?

Hello,

mxAutomation is its own techpackage, you don't need any extra software, it's specifically made for moving the robot around, but it's not running in hard real-time (e.g. you cannot make the robot catch a thrown ball.)
RSI is made for getting and receiving data in hard real-time, you can either superimpose a real-time movement over a programmed KRL movement (e.g. to keep the pressure equal for polishing) or you can control the robot fully in real time. The challenge is that Windows is not a real-time operating system, so reliably sending/receiving data within the robot's cycle time can be a challenge. Also, you need to take care of proper acceleration and braking ramps.
Ethernet KRL is just a way of sending and receiving any kind of data via Ethernet. If you want data from Ethernet.KRL to move the robot, you need to write your own logic. Ethernet.KRL - if I remember correctly - is not "as realtime" as RSI.

I hope that helps!
Best,
Johannes

lim_zhang

hello Johannes,
i open your gh file,some component cannot show(mxA display & linear movement)i guess my version is different with yours,so can you just give me a screen shot of this gh document?
yes,in fact i have tried  ethernetkrl,and wrote a src program in controller to receive the data from grasshopper and parse the data ,then do the motion command...but it is not real time,because robot do a new motion only has finished previous motion command,i have no idea to check the buffer in a cycle time then refresh command....you are right,real time control should use rsi or mxa.
Thank you

Hello,

As a member, you can download current versions from here: https://forum.robotsinarchitecture.org/index.php/board,5.0.html
Please just take a look at the release notes, as the two most current releases only support mxAutomation for KSS 8.5, i.e. the most recent version.
If you've got a robot with KSS8.3, please download a previous version. We are planning on making this modular in the future, but I don't have an ETA yet.

Best,
Johannes

lim_zhang

Hello,Johannes
i downloaded a version form "Early Access: KUKA|prc (v3) - 20191122
Started by Johannes @ Robots in Architecture"
but i cannot find the mxa component....help!~

Hello,

It only shows up if you've got the license for KUKA|prc installed.
For the new releases, the license comes in JSON format. If you've got the JSON file, go to the KUKA|prc Settings / Advanced / Licensing / Install License.
Please send me an eMail if your license is still in the old format!

Best,
Johannes

lim_zhang

Hello,Johannes
I have valid licence  for KUKAprcNEWsetup_2018_09_05.exe ,but if I use KUKAprcGH_20191009.exe (kss 8.3) ,the licence became invalid :(

because of license invalid,i now intend to use KUKAprcNEWsetup_2018_09_05.exe for mxA 2.0...

... can you explain why license invalid in one version and valid in another version?Thank you~

Hello,

We have a new license format, this is why you are encountering the problem. I assume your license is in the *.reg format?
Please send me the current license via eMail and I'll update it to the current format!

Best,
Johannes

lim_zhang

Hello Johannes,
i have send reg text by 'forum mail',pls check it,thank you

lim_zhang

Hello,Johannes
I have install the license and  open your mxa example(i use mxa2.0,so use a little oldler kukaprc vesion) ,and works.

because now need to setup robot,so,could you get some advice or tutorial on how to setup robot?

Thank you!

Hello,

Attached is the quick-start guide, I don't think it's confidential.
Before you test it with KUKA|prc, use the KUKA test program that you can get from the mxAutomation_2.1.6.2681\Example PLC\Programming languages folder of the tech package.
Once the KUKA program is working, you can proceed with KUKA|prc.

Best,
Johannes