Author Topic: remote desktop over KLI?  (Read 1635 times)

evo85210

• Robots in Architecture Members
  • Forum User
    • View Profile
remote desktop over KLI?
« on: December 31, 2019, 08:43:35 AM »
is it possible to do a remote desktop connection into a KRC4 KSS8.3.33 controller?
I can access shared folders over KLI, but when i try a remote desktop connection, it doesn't connect.

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

• Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Forum User
    • View Profile
    • Robots in Architecture
Re: remote desktop over KLI?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2019, 12:18:53 PM »
Hello,

That is possible, but note that it will disconnect the smartPad's remote connection. You will need to rotate the key switch and connect again to use the smartPad.
The login should be kukauser with password 68kuka1secpw59

Best,
Johannes

evo85210

• Robots in Architecture Members
  • Forum User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2019, 03:37:56 PM »
yes, i know the username and password of the login, the problem is that the remote desktop connection doesn't detect the controller.
as seen in the attached screenshot, I can access \\172.31.1.147, but RDP does not detect it..

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

• Lead Developer
  • Administrator
  • Forum User
    • View Profile
    • Robots in Architecture
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2019, 03:49:53 PM »
Well, if the smartPad is working then RDP should be fine. The default port for RDP is 3389, however I would be very careful with any network/firewall changes as that might lock out your smartPad.
You could also try to start the robot without the smartPad and see if you can connect then. Or maybe try RDP with another PC and make sure that no antivirus/firewall is blocking RDP on the PC side.

In the meantime, you can also consider using another tool like VNC to get the content of the smartPad.

Best,
Johannes