remote desktop over KLI?

Started by evo85210, December 31, 2019, 08:43:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evo85210

is it possible to do a remote desktop connection into a KRC4 KSS8.3.33 controller?
I can access shared folders over KLI, but when i try a remote desktop connection, it doesn't connect.

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

That is possible, but note that it will disconnect the smartPad's remote connection. You will need to rotate the key switch and connect again to use the smartPad.
The login should be kukauser with password 68kuka1secpw59

Best,
Johannes

evo85210

yes, i know the username and password of the login, the problem is that the remote desktop connection doesn't detect the controller.
as seen in the attached screenshot, I can access \\172.31.1.147, but RDP does not detect it..

Well, if the smartPad is working then RDP should be fine. The default port for RDP is 3389, however I would be very careful with any network/firewall changes as that might lock out your smartPad.
You could also try to start the robot without the smartPad and see if you can connect then. Or maybe try RDP with another PC and make sure that no antivirus/firewall is blocking RDP on the PC side.

In the meantime, you can also consider using another tool like VNC to get the content of the smartPad.

Best,
Johannes

Dapormon

Just try did Johannes, and it seems to work fine. Thanks for taking the time to clarify it. I was in it confused at first with the boards in the whole configurations for my system in particular, but now it seems fine. Our company has decided to put us into an RDP mode for a while, so I will have to get used to get connected to my computer in the office while being in my pajamas! :D I can't complain much though as I enjoy working from home And the best thing is that I am doing it faster than the rest of the day as I decided to buy rdp of my own!

victorlin

update on the remote desktop situation, it seems like on KSS8.3.33 isn't not possible for the KLI port, but on X47 port it works fine.
It seems like KUKA has implemented a lot of restrictions on the KLI port.

Thanks for the update, Victor! I haven't used remote desktop for a while as we have got the remote service techpackage, but I will have to give it a try!
Best,
Johannes

singline

Quote from: victorlin on February 20, 2021, 07:18:44 AM
update on the remote desktop situation, it seems like on KSS8.3.33 isn't not possible for the KLI port, but on X47 port it works fine.
It seems like KUKA has implemented a lot of restrictions on the KLI port.

It used to be quite straight forward, but my understanding is KUKA considered it a bug and not a feature, unfortunately, I haven't been able to RDC for sometime.