Cycle time?

Started by Nicholas Ziglio, March 28, 2020, 05:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicholas Ziglio

What is the best way to get the cycle time of a routine?
I have a heavy file and the simulation is laggy when hitting play..

Maybe the free version doesn't have this feature though.

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello Nicholas,

You can get the calculated time in the community version by looking at the end of the simulation graph (Settings/Analysis). In the member version you can also access it in Grasshopper via the Analysis component, e.g. for optimization.
If the simulation gets laggy, consider turning off the target frames so that only the toolpath is displayed.
However, take under consideration that KUKA|prc calculates the time based on distance / programmed speed, so it does not take acceleration and deceleration under consideration as those are not published for all robots. Depending on your toolpath this can be either a small or a very big difference. I mostly use the time for relative optimization, i.e. lower time is better, but you couldn't use it to finetune a choreography or something like that.

Best,
Johannes

Nicholas Ziglio

Thanks, I'll have to make do with the analysis time then for now ;D
Would there be any way for undergrad students to earn a member version through contributions to the project?

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello Nicholas,

I can provide you with a temporary license to get you started and then we can talk about further steps, OK?
Please send me an eMail!

Best,
Johannes

Nicholas Ziglio

Wow, that is so kind of you! Would be great  :D
I just sent you an email :)