Milling problem

Started by Mikail, October 30, 2014, 01:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikail

Hi everybody, I need some help!

I am currently working with milling project and there is one problem that I cannot solve for a few months. I have no idea what this problem about. I am using KUKA robot for perform milling operation with foam and there are few bugs in outcome. When I am trying to mill the same surface (half sphere) for a few times the tool is not going through the same working level, that in turn leads to some notches and marks (or the tool just going upper the working surface).

During the troubleshooting the following parts were changed:
1. was changed/rebuild the rotation table,
2. was remastered the robot and recalibrated a tool,
3. were changed few tools,
4. were simulated different toolpaths with different angles, with different motions.

However, there is no clean surface in the result.
For simulation/code generation the Sprutcam  is used.

The few photos that describe this problem are attached.

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello Mikail,

Could you please clarify if you are using KUKA|prc to postprocess SprutCAM-GCode, or are you using SprutCAM to generate KRL code?
If SprutCAM is generating the KRL code, you would have to ask the SprutCAM team for support. What I can offer you is that you send me the SprutCAM file and I will try to convert it into KRL using our workflow via a custom postprocessor and KUKA|prc.

I would need...
...your SprutCAM file
...the XYZABC values and number of your tool
...the XYZABC values and number of your base

Best,

Mikail

Hi Johannes!

I am using SprutCam postprocessor to generate KRL code and I had been asked SprutCAM team for support but they are totally useless.

If you can convert my file into KRL via custom postprocessor and KUKA|prc I will be greatful. It can help to evaluate the Sprutcam postprocessor - is it makes problem or not.
I sent SprutCAM file and photos of tool and base values.

Thank you so much!

Best,
Mikail

Hello Mikail,

I couldn't get the file to generate toolpaths on my SprutCAM - may be a slight version mismatch as I've got the most recent version but without the robot module. You can send me an eMail ( johannes robotsinarchitecture.org ) and I will forward you the fitting SprutCAM (postprocessor) settings.

Best,
Johannes

Mikail

Johannes,

I sent a mail to you.

Best,
Mikail