Compound Return Error on IIWA

Started by UofM FABLab, April 16, 2024, 05:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UofM FABLab

I'm looking for some assistance/advice with an issue we have been having with our Kuka IIWA.

Over the past few months after having extruded hundreds of pounds of clay, the setup we have has been working well. Though there has been a few times that we received a CK_Compound_return_error. I originally attributed this to LIN motions that were to close together (ex. less than 4mm). Since then, we have been running our Kuka|PRC script with LIN distances that are 8mm or greater.

The error is also not repeatable. When it has occurred, we run the same file again and there are no errors. So it doesn't present itself in the same location/position.
-   All our axis are mastered
-   There are no unreferenced axis
Any advice on a way to debug this issue?
As having this little 'ghost' show up is slightly annoying.

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

We had a polishing process that would repeatedly (software, not hardware) crash (!) the iiwa after like 20mins, apparently some internal countdown expiring or something. We switchted it to a LBR14 and suddently it went away... While I like the iiwa a lot, Sunrise just isn't as mature as KSS (not a surprise) and to my knowledge, it's also no longer getting updates.
My suggestion would be to ask the KUKA hotline about that error, ideally they can provide a reason or at least a troubleshooting strategy.
Let me know if there is anything I can help with from our side!
Best,
Johannes

UofM FABLab

Thanks.
I'll check with them and let everyone know if there is a good suggestion.

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

If nothing comes out of it, please send me the description and I'll follow up with some people at KUKA Germany.

Best,
Johannes