Streaming values to computer UDP or TCP KRC4

Started by Newsum, April 23, 2021, 07:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newsum

Hello everyone,

I am interested in streaming values of user defined variables to a computer from the controller. I am looking into what packages might be required for KRC4 to achieve this.
I do not have EKI and would like to know if anyone here has experience with it. I have used very similar tech packages for Staubli and ABB with great success.
EKI seems to be the best option from the documentation I have seen, but I don't have a way of testing before purchasing.

I do have RSI, but I am not as interested in streaming motion parameters. Has anyone used RSI to stream values other than motion controls?
I also have KLI for RemoteView, but I don't see how I could get the values out of remote view.

If anyone has ideas or experience, I would appreciate your input. I am about to go down the rabbit hole of CRead and CWrite and wanted to check in to see if there is a better way forward.

Kind regards,
Jake

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hey Jake,

How are you doing? You should be covered with RSI unless you want to do something super specific. There are pre-built variables to send things like the current position back to your PC.
To get arbitrary numbers to the KRL side of things, you can use Map2Sen_PRea that maps a value to the variable $SEN_PREA and Sen_PRea which reads the variable. It's an array of 20 reals. There is also Sen_PInt with integers.

The "Ethernet" example in the DOC/Examples/Ethernet is useful for the configuration.
We've done a few things now with RSI, let me know if you get stuck somewhere!

Best,
Johannes

Newsum

Thanks, Johannes!

We are doing great here. I finally have a bit of free time to develop some features that have been left behind.

Thanks for the feedback about RSI. I will look into this more and let you know if I run into any issues.
I'll check out the examples as well.

Kind regards,
Jake

Newsum

Quote from: Johannes @ Robots in Architecture on April 23, 2021, 10:39:43 PM
The "Ethernet" example in the DOC/Examples/Ethernet is useful for the configuration.

Hey Johannes,

I can't find the "Ethernet" example. Are there other examples than the ones on the Tutorials page?

Hello Jake,

I don't think that example is "secret", so I'm attaching it below! It's for RSI for KSS8.6, if you are running 8.3 let me know and I'll get you the definition in the older format.

Best,
Johannes

Newsum

We are actually running KSS8.3.

I will look through these examples. Thank you for sharing!

That should be the 8.3 version of it!
Best,
Johannes