KUKA_Sunrise_Communicator _ No output AXIS/POS/FORCE

Started by avishek, June 08, 2021, 02:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

avishek

Hi Johannes,

Here at Aalborg University we are setting up two KUKA IIWAs (7 and 14 kg Payload). So far everything has gone smoothly following your tutorial (https://forum.robotsinarchitecture.org/index.php/topic,982.0.html). In the case of Sunrise Communicator, it is not giving any output. I have tried to follow your suggestions on this post (https://forum.robotsinarchitecture.org/index.php/topic,1118.msg3179.html). So far, the ports are rightly mentioned in java files: PRCUDP and UDPSender and Rhino has been exempted from firewall and I have tried with disabling the firewall.

I am attaching all the screenshots here. Is there anything I am doing wrong here ? I have not used Java before, so advanced debugging was not possible for me.

Could you please help in anyway ?

Thank you

Avishek
adas@create.aau.dk

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello Avishek,

I think the best way to start with troubleshooting would be to restart your PC and then to install PacketSender (https://packetsender.com/).
In PacketSender go to File/Settings. Tick "Enable UDP" and set the port to which the robot should send the data ("externalport" in UDPSender).
Make sure that on the lower border of PacketSender UDP is on.
When you start the UDP program, you should see data packets coming in.

Note: On the robot side, 30001 is used as the port to send from. You underlined that one in red. Only use ports 30000-30010 to send/receive on the robot side.

If there is no data coming in, we need to focus on that. Otherwise we need to check why data is coming to PacketSender but not Grasshopper.

Best,
Johannes

avishek

Hi Johannes,
Thanks a lot for the reply.
If I have understood  it right : from computer the sent PRC commands are sent to port 30000 of the robot. On the robot side, robot data are being sent from the port 30001 of the robot. In the grasshopper component, "49152" is the local computer port where the robot should send the data.
I have reverted back to the original code now again. In the PRC_RunUDP I find this line:

try {
prc_udp.CORE_UDP(robot, kuka_Sunrise_Cabinet_1, getApplicationData().createFromTemplate(toolname), tcpname, baseFrame, enablellogging, getLogger(), getApplicationData(), iogrp, "172.31.1.149", 49152);

I am guessing that the string is the robot IP (which in my case is different) and 49152 is the port where the robot would send the data ?
Do I need to explicitly define the external port in the UDPSender.java file also?
Please bear with me may be.
Many Thanks

Hello,

The robot's standard IP is 172.31.1.147 and in this example it is assumed that the connected PC is using 172.31.1.149.
In order for the communication to work, you need to set the robot's IP correctly in Grasshopper and the external PC's IP correctly in Sunrise.

Best,
Johannes

avishek

Hi,

I think now I know why I could not got it to work! Let me try this.

Thank you

avishek

Hi again,

With the proper network configuration now I can see the incoming data packets in PacketSender in port 49152. But after stopping the UDP Listener in Packetsender, with Firewall turned off, I can not see the data from the grasshopper component ? Any tips there ?

Thanks a lot!

The port might still be blocked, I'd do a reboot to be on the safe side.

Best,
Johannes

avishek