Like many of you, I struggled with turntable calibration + KRC4 settings
I came across a few mistakes in the procedure from the Mr. Petr Vacek / pozdravujem do čiech ;) /Robot - KRC
1. Calibrate any tool, that has sharp TCP. Use standard 4-point calibration method. Save the calibration under any available number (mine is #7).
2. Calibrate External Kinematics Root Point. Follow instructions and use previously calibrated tool. Calibration mark of turntable
is a little cross engraved into it's flange. You get XYZ ABC coordinates of turntable
table root point.
3. Set table to original position (no tilt) of any axis.
4. Calibrate Offset Base of External Kinematics. Use previously calibrated tool (mine is #7). Save the base under any available number (mine is #6).
4A. Follow instructions: First you have to place TCP to the origin of new base, which is the center of turntable
flange (I used paper tape to fill the hole and mark center point exactly). Then move TCP to any point in X direction (in my case it was calibration mark). And finally move TCP to any point in Y direction (I marked perpendicular line onto turntable
flange). Write down values XYZ ABC.
5. Set up a definition with turntable
component and right click it to set values. Use XYZ ABC values "Root Point
" from step 2. Apply values.
6. Open Robot Core component to set robot base values. Use "offset base" values from step 4.
Use XYZ ABC values from "offset base
". Apply values. Set proper base number, which in my case is #6.
Second problem was the KRC4 setting
We have in LAB KUKA KP1-V single-axis positioner
Native setting ET1_TA1KR was /X,Y,Z,A,B,C/ 0,0,0,0,0,90
C = 90
is stupidity from KUKA
Changed setting ET1_TA1KR was X,Y,Z,A,B,C = 0,0,0,0,0,0
/ Image1.jpg /
C = 0
Third problem was the wrong orientatio
n of rotation
Native setting $AXIS_DIR variable was 1
Changed setting $AXIS_DIR variable was -1
I'm stuck here.This cannot be changed by overwriting values in machine.dat !
But the solution is simple: Transmission ratio RAT_MOT_AX change from -2993
/24 to 2994
/24 and deploy
/ Image2.jpg /