Variable Speed for PTP movements

Started by barrakd, December 04, 2021, 05:03:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barrakd

Hi,

I am trying to vary the movement of my robot in certain planes in my toolpath. I have fed a list of speeds in % which correspond to the planes I am feeding into the PTP movement component. Although the animated simulation inside the KUKA PRC core component is doing exactly what I need it to do, when running the program on the robot, there isn't any speed variation as if the input were completely ignored. Does anything need to be activated or am I missing something?

I am attaching my gh file here.
Many thanks in advance,
Barrak

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

I had a look at your file, something that's important to consider is that KUKA|prc provides an "optimal" simulation and does not simulate the motion blending and possible performance challenges of your robot controller.
In your file, you have got very closely-packed positions that are connected via PTP movements. It might just be, that the robot never even reaches the 100% speed due to point density - that would explain why you don't see a significant change in speed.
If you are worried about the robot ignoring the speed settings for some reason, try some much wider spaced points and see if it improves!

Hope that helps!
Best,
Johannes

barrakd

Hi Johannes,

That makes sense.
I tested it, and it works perfectly now.

Thank you very much!

All the best,
Barrak

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Awesome, thanks for the feedback!
Best,
Johannes