Hi, thanks for the reply.
Yes, the initial axis position (i think). Here is the current work flow that I hope can be improved.
* Adjust part position in Rhino
* Select curves
* extract first position and set as the only plane in the program
* Set simulation to 1 so the robot moves to that position
* Open settings > Advanced > Get current position for START (Initial Posture is set to "As Start", "Skip END position" is checked)
* create rest of program > send to kuka
* Run program, bot goes to 'start position' fold > align part to wire.
* Run rest of program.
I found that when doing it this way, that startposition is not actually where the wire is starting, though. There is an initial ptp move at the begining of the program that is not the same as the startposition. So i tend to let it move to it's first PTP move, then align the foam.
The goal is to be able to set the initial axis position in the settings as the exact start point of the program, and to set this programmatically. This would make things so much easier.