KRESS mount

Started by Xylotica, September 16, 2015, 11:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xylotica

I am working on a mounting bracket for my Kress spindle.
This is 5mm thick sheet metal.
The offset of the tool and the shape of the mount should guarantee that there will never be a collision with the robot, even in the extreme angles of axis 5.

Comments welcome.

Cheers,

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Some milling spindles actually give the tool a 45 degree inclination, that helps you prevent kinematic singularities (e.g. when the axes of A04 and A06 coincide) as the arm will more often be tilted (compare e.g. to the Elte spindle in the library). However, from our experience this may again cause reachability problems when processing elements vertically.
As often with the robot there is no "best" solution, but a trade-off!

Best,
Johannes

Xylotica

Hi Johannes,

***Newb alert***
What is so wrong with having the axis 4 and 6 coincide that someone called it like the heart of a black hole ?

In general you want to avoid coinciding axes, it can also happen between e.g. A1 and A6, but A4 and A6 are usually the most common ones. I'm sure that you have noticed that before, when you move through a position and the A4 starts flipping - basically the tooltip slows down, whiler there is much movement happening "behind" the tool.
Here's a nice video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlGCurgsqg8

Best,
Johannes

Xylotica

Thanks Johannes,

very nice video indeed.
So basically, this is detrimental to precision and speed of the tooltip.
I suppose that I can avoid this by placing the object to be milled in a location which forces the axii to be angled.

Exactly, with flat panels etc. the height makes a big difference!
Best,
Johannes