Starting in WorkVisual

Started by ddzelajlija, November 03, 2015, 02:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddzelajlija

Hello everyone! :)

I am near the end of my studies at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering in Osijek, Croatia, and i got a job. My assignment in a Company is working with robotic hands.
In a couple of weeks i'll be going to Austria for a Kuka robot Training.
I want to be prepared as much as possible, so i started reading all the Kuka catalogs.
I contacted Kuka, and asked them to send me the software i'll need so i can be prepared.
They sent me WorkVisual, but i cannot find anything on the web that could help me get started.

As i mentioned earlier i want to be prepared as much as possible for the training, to have prepared question...so i would like to ask those of you who have experrience to help me and direct me in this matter. I belive that any kind of advise will be helpfull, especially if you can send me some tutorials or something like that.
Also my problem is that i finished power engineering, so i'm not that skilful in robotics, but i'm willing to learn, and i have to learn, because that will be my assignment.

Thank you in advance! :)

Danijel

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello Danijel,

If you are doing the training in Linz you can drop by at our lab - it's only 10mins from KUKA!
I've attached the WorkVisual manual, but it's also included in the installation folder - KUKA always puts the manuals into the DOC folder of the ZIP file.
You can also find attached a WorkVisual project, I believe it's a copy of the KR120 at the University for Applied Arts Vienna. It should be a rather basic setup with only small adjustments from the defaults.

WorkVisual is the configuration tool for KUKA robots, it is not the simulation environment (that would be KUKA SimPro, KUKA|prc of course also simulates robots). So it will be important for you during setup, but probably not really something you will need on a daily basis.

Best,
Johannes

ddzelajlija

Hello Johannes!

I am going to Kuka Training with a colleague of mine, who supervises my work, and both of us would be excited to visit your laboratory!

I told him about your invitation and he said that he is not sure if we will be able to come because we will have Training every day until 17:00, except for friday, when our trening ends at 16:00. So the only time we are able to come is some day after Training.

I'll say it again, we would really like to come!

Just to let you know, we found accommodation 30min away from Linz.

Best,
Danijel

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello Danijel,

We can also do this on short notice, just send me an eMail via johannes@robotsinarchitecture.org.
I'm commuting from Salzburg, so I probably won't be around after 5pm - maybe they can give you a longer lunch break ;)

Best,
Johannes

ddzelajlija