Axis 6 is winding up in my simulation

Started by Xylotica, December 18, 2015, 12:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xylotica

My milling simulation works for the first two passes, but then the Axis 6 gets wound-up passed it's angular limit.
In fact, it makes a complete turn at each pass.
Between each pass, I have added a cartesian offset to avoid hitting my part. That would be the right time to also "unwind" the axis, but I can't see how to do it.
Wouldn't it be nice to add this as an optional parameter in the "offset" components ?

Help... :)

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

Can you send me the file?
For unwinding you need to define an axis position. I've noticed that a few robots had a wrong A6 limit of -360 to 360 instead of -350 to 350, so maybe that went wrong...
Thanks,

Johannes

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

I got the file and see the problem, however it is mostly related to the tool path planning. The problem is that you are moving "around" the piece so as you say the axes wind themselves up. I would recommend doing each cut (from one singular point to the other) separably, rather than going full circle. If needed, add AXIS movements to unwind the axes. Mind that you can set some axes to infinite rotation, but you will then have issues with the cables of your spindle.
I hope you don't mind that I've attached a screenshot of your toolpaths to the post, so that other users can get some idea of the issue.

Let me know if you run into issues when implementing my suggestions!

Best,
Johannes