No "Pause" component ?

Started by Xylotica, January 25, 2016, 11:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xylotica

I would like to test pyrography with Wall-E using a pointy soldering iron.
I figured that, depending how long I let the tip of the iron in contact with the wood, it would make a difference in the size of the burn mark.
But then, I went hunting for a "Pause" component, and figured there was none, unless I hacked a "LIN" component with a very small distance and a ridiculously small speed, adding many lines to my program.
(I have a KRC2, remember ? I'm on a budget).

Is there a "clean" way to pause the robot and choose how long it should stay paused ?

Cheers,

ludo

hi wall-E code to pause is
wait sec 3
for a 3 sec pause tou could also give a real value like 3.15

YOu also can code a waiting for an input from your plc like :
wait for $in[1]==true
for waiting until input [1] is not true

Ludo

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Ludo is absolutely right, however the new PRC also includes a Wait component that actually stops the robot in the simulation. You can also use the Custom KRL component and enter the command directly as per Ludo's suggestion. The effect on the code is the same in either case.

Best,
Johannes

Xylotica

Hi Ludo ! :)

Ok, I think I get it : I can weave text that I input with the "Custom KRL" component with other commands. Great !
I guess I should start reading the programmer's manual then, to get acquainted with all the fancy features which are not yet implemented in Kuka|prc...
Are there books about this ? Kuka's take on pedagogy is somewhat austere...

Hi Johannes, any idea when the new version will be out ?

Cheers,

ludo

wall E
here is an example with custom krl command for wait.

Xylotica

Thanks Ludo !

I see you got an Arduino hooked up.
Would you mind sharing how you plug that in the controller ?

Cheers,

Hello,

I don't know how Ludo did it, but with KRC2 you can actually use the serial port of the robot to very easily send information to the Arduino and to receive it back.
Just be careful not do directly plug the RS232 signal into an Arduino as it works with up to 25V. Last time we used a serial shield like that: http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/RS232_Shield
There is a manual for serial communication by KUKA, just google for "Serial_Read_Write_manual" and you should find it. If not, send me an eMail.

Best,
Johannes

Xylotica

Hi Johannes,

are we talking of the good'old serial port on the PC , or some ports on a mysterious boxy component hidden somewhere in the controller housing ?
(Yes, this is how technically illiterate I am)

The good old serial port, should be on the PC-side of the KRC2. Of course the usual disclaimers apply as it is not a real "safe" interface etc.

Best,
Johannes

ludo

Hi wall-E and Johannes
I don't use the serial port i connect my arduino to the PLC with a screw shield : image below
i connect the robot outputs to the arduino through voltage divider24V-> 5V and solid state relay 5V --> 24V for robot inputs: image below

Ludo