Training

Started by art456, May 13, 2018, 03:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art456

Hello,

I am an architect/designer, I do a lot of artistic stuff and want to experiment with robotic fabrication. Before buying an actual robot, I would like to get some hands-on experience. I would need to learn from 0. Specifically, I would like to learn wood milling and 3d printing. What would be the best learning path? are there institutions that offer this kind of training? Thanks in advance!

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

My suggestion would to to look for workshops, e.g. there will be three days of workshops for the upcoming Rob|Arch conference (www.robarch2018.org) in Zurich, covering these topics and more.
Also there are often summerschools and similar programs, like the AA Visiting Schools, that involve robots. These events are frequently posted on e.g. the Rhino blog.
Personally, I do brief introductions for companies at my lab from time to time, but for most universities you would need to be at least enrolled as a guest listener.

Best,
Johannes

singline

Hi Art,

I do a series of video tutorials that introduce architects to the basics of using robotics in architectural design:
you can check it out here: http://bit.ly/KUKA_Tutorials

art456

Hi Johannes and Singline,

thanks for your answers! sorry for the late reply, I have been away on business.

@ Johannes, thanks I will try to attend the conference, I'm interested in more than one of the courses, I believe they have not published the schedule yet, but I assume they will be held simultaneously. Do you know if it will be possible to take more than one? I tried contacting them without success

Where is your lab located? Is it run by you or part of a university?

@ Singline, thank you so much or creating those videos, it's a great introduction to technology. I will go though them in detail!

Thanks!

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

The main workshops happen in parallel, while the pre-workshops are held the day before. So you can pick one pre-workshop and one regular workshop.
Can you forward me the eMail that you sent to the organizers? Then I can double-check if there is a problem with the address etc. My eMail is johannes@robotsinarchitecture.org
My lab is in Linz, Austria!

Best,
Johannes