Simulate multiple robot kinematics using kuka prc plugin in grasshopper

Started by Aditya_Tognatta, June 18, 2016, 11:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aditya_Tognatta

Hi,
I was wondering if there is a way to simulate 2 or more kuka robots  simultaneously.
something like this:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ptdaimTdOc

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,
Yes, the full version of KUKA|prc supports RoboTeam, which is the KUKA software for synchronized robots. There are currently two way to synchronize robots, you can either instruct the robot to wait for the other robot, or you can tell them to perform a movement synchronously. For example, RMIT uses it with their cooperative Agilus robots.
You can also stream commands through mxAutomation to multiple robots, however then by default their are not linked.
Best,
Johannes

DReAM-FabLab

would it be possible to share an example setup for roboteam in PRC?
studying the configuration setup for the robots in the lab

Sure, here's a simple example I found on my disk!
Best,
Johannes

Knight

I use a full license(university), but it seems the component, "Robo Team Move sync Kuka Prc" is missing when i open the above example files!!! Is this missing component the same as the "Synchronise component" in PRC? If they are the same, can you please update the examples? I also do not know how to use the "Synchronise component" !

Hello,

Yes, that's the new version. Just make sure to provide the same number of synchronization components to both robots.
What example are you referring to?

Best,
Johannes

Knight

Hello,
Johannes,

Could you please share an example for the new synchronise component?

Regards

Sure, here one robot waits for another. You need to move the slider when you open the file for it to show up.
In order to have synchronized robots, both CORE components need to have finished their calculations once.

Best,
Johannes

Knight

Hello Johannes,

Thanks a lot for the example files. I will give it try.  :)