KUKA|prc Installation Problem

Started by ash_r, June 28, 2016, 12:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ash_r

Hello I attend University of Arizona,
we just got a KR 10 R 900 kuka and have a license for PRC which I successfully installed according to the message that popped up. Working with the head of of our Fabrication Lab, I can't seem to even getting working with some sample files. These error messages appear, thank you for any direction you may be able to offer.

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Hello,

First of all sorry for the inconvenience! I don't think that it's related to the licensing, as a missing license would still show the components, they just would not work. This way, we don't ruin files when you e.g. pass a Grasshopper definition to someone with a non-member versions.
Anyway, the error seems to imply that the components are missing, if you go into Grasshopper and then File/Special Folders/Component Folder there should be 2 files with KUKAprc in the filename, and 2 with Oxyplot.
I've recently seen a problem where multiple accounts where in use on a PC and the installer put the components into the folder of the administrator, rather than the user.
If the files are missing, I would suggest running the setup again and specifying an easily reachable folder (e.g. Desktop) and then to manually copy the files into the components folder. After a Rhino restart, KUKA|prc should show up.

Let me know if that helped!
Best,
Johannes

P.S.: I've also unlocked the member section for you, you can now access the Rob|Arch eBooks, the new member versions of PRC etc.

ash_r

Hey Johannes,

Thank you for unlocking that stuff... The re-install worked!
Excited to dive into it more now, and look through the rest of the stuff on the site.

Thanks!

Johannes @ Robots in Architecture

Awesome, don't hesitate to ask if you run into any more issues!
I've renamed the topic so that it's easier to find for people with similar issues, I hope you don't mind!

Best,
Johannes